CONTRACT BETWEEN WOODFORD HOUSE AND THE CLIENT
Each individual room is furnished and equipped to ensure comfort and privacy and meets the assessed needs of the Service User. Each room provides:-
- A bed at a suitable, safe height for the Service User and bed linen
- Curtains or blinds
- A mirror
- Overhead and bedside lighting
- Comfortable seating
- Drawers & Wardrobe space
- A bedside table
- En suite facilities or wash hand basin, towels and flannel
- TV Point
- Nurse call system
- Telephone point if required – at clients own expense
- Each room has appropriate floor covering and has a lockable storage area
- Screening is provided in double rooms to ensure privacy.
Charges for accommodation will be reviewed annually in April, increases will be applied by at least the prevailing rate inflation. Every effort will be made however to minimise this charge.
- 28 days notice is given of any intended increase in fees
- Nursing/personal care service, social interaction and emotional support
- Individual designed programme of care, including Day Care
- Use of communal areas
- All meals (room service by arrangement)
- Laundry (excluding dry cleaning and hand washing of woollen garments)
- Ophthalmic Services
- Physiotherapy – provided by the community team
- Dental Treatment
- Intensive Treatments and Consultancy Fees
- External Entertainment/Day Trips
- Personal Newspapers
- Dry Cleaning
- Toiletries, Cosmetics, Shaving Requisites & etc
- personal clothing and labelling
- Special Beverages
- Telephone Services
All the above services can be arranged if required, at the most reasonable prices.
- Respite: A deposit is required which will be deducted from the total cost of the stay, refundable only if 7 days notice of cancellation is received.
- In the event of death, room charges will continue for three / seven days post death and on a daily rate after this date until the room has been cleared.
- In the event of hospitalisation, the full fees will be required.
- Payment can be made by cheque, cash or direct debit (if direct debit is required please ask the Administrator, who will draw the necessary paperwork).
- Payment should be made on the first day of each month for that month; all fees are payable in advance of care.
- All payments must be received by the 7th day of each month otherwise late charges will be applied.
STATEMENT OF TRIAL PERIOD
- It is our practice to offer all residents admission of up to 28 days to give them, their representative and ourselves an opportunity to reach a consensus agreement that Woodford House Care Home is suited to their needs.
SITUATIONS WHEN A RESIDENT MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE
Residents may be asked to leave if:-
- Their behaviour towards other Residents has proved persistently disruptive.
- The behaviour is unchanging despite exhaustion of all possible means of resolution.
- On medical recommendation.
- Woodford House can no longer meet the clients needs.
TERMINATION OF PLACEMENT
- If a Placement is to be terminated, one month’s notice on either side must be given.
- In circumstances where notice terms are not met then one month’s fee will be retained.
- Money and valuables, if kept by the Resident, are not the responsibility of Woodford House Care Home, unless handed over for safekeeping.
- If retained by the Resident, separate insurance should be arranged as Woodford House has a limit of £500 per Resident.
- Public Liability insurance up to £5 million.
- Residents must advise Woodford House Care Home of their wishes on death.
- Residents are allowed to bring personal items by arrangement with the Registered Manager.
- Should be made to the Registered Manager in the first instance and if unresolved, your complaint should be raised with Care Quality Commission.
- If you should seek resolution beyond this point, you are advised to Contact: Care Quality Commission, Citygate, Gallowgate, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1.
- All religious views are respected and visiting Clergy are welcome.
- There are no restrictions on visiting.
- Should residents need an escort to hospital or other appointments and family and friends cannot attend, a member of staff will be nominated and a charge made to your account*
- This charge will be a nominal fee per hour, related to the staff member’s rate of pay.
- A full Activities Programme is in operation within the home and all the residents are encouraged to join in.
- The Activities Programme includes outside trips. A charge will be applied to cover outside activities expenses.
- Relatives will be informed of any outside activities, which may include their relative and given the option of inclusion.
- The Registered Manager and staff of Woodford House Care Home will provide very high standards of care and service, in order to ensure the residents comfort and happiness.
- Residents should feel free to ask questions.
- Residents should provide all possible details of relatives and friends to ensure that satisfactory arrangements can be made for visiting.
- Relatives are encouraged to ask questions, make recommendations and participate in care plan review meetings.
- Confidential financial advice is available by appointment.